February 11, 2010

Self-Portrait


_MG_7680, originally uploaded by ajcarpinelli.
I really wanted to do some portraits today, and no one was around. I decided to shoot myself. I do this a lot, usually because I saw a movie poster or something that I want to redo. In this case, I just wanted to add some variety to the posts, I haven't done a portrait in months. I like the way this one turned out relative to most of my self-portraits. Also, it is important to update my photos on sites like Model Mayhem and facebook periodically.

I am generally not a huge fan of self-portraits, and I absolutely refuse to do those really poor shots you see all over facebook. The reason I'm not a fan of doing them is because it can be frustrating setting up a shot with no subject in the frame. There is a lot of trial and error with both the depth of field, focus, and framing.

Usually, I spend a lot of time photoshopping out backgrounds, finding new backgrounds, and trying to make everything match. All I had to do in this case was make it black and white then add a sepia tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment