May 8, 2010

Saturated Waterfall


IMG_0366, originally uploaded by ajcarpinelli.
I was hiking around the almost 10 miles of trail at Friendship Hill this morning, and when I deviated from the path, I discovered this pretty cool water fall. It was horrible to get to. The high today was only 50 first of all. Then, this waterfall has steep cliffs on either side of it, so the only way to get close is to walk on various dead trees that lay over the water. Well, naturally I wasn't expecting this so I was wearing my new expensive running shoes. I got over the worst point of the water, and below me was just muddy water.

I heard a snap, and next thing I knew I was standing waist deep in muck. At that point all bets were off, and I snapped a lot of photos and a few videos.

The video thing is an experiment I am working on. I want to know if anyone would be interested in short videos of nature and wildlife. I mean everyone loves things like Planet Earth. I haven't really seen photographers do this yet, and I don't know if it is because no one thought of it, or because we only recently got good video in with our still camera equipment, or if it is because no one wants to watch it. I am thinking, it would be literally a moving picture. I posted one, and it is a little shaky because I didn't have a tripod with me. Regardless, what do you think? Is it a good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment