November 2, 2010

Reflecting Pool


_MG_2607, originally uploaded by ajcarpinelli.
Well, my main goal of this trip was to surpass the photos I took years ago. In case you don't know, one of my first big adventures was with a friend of mine, Lisa. We went down to DC years ago for the Cherry Blossom Festival. This was shortly after I got into photography, and all I had was a film camera and two not-great kit lenses. I also had minimal skills. Having said that, I always felt that many of my best shots came from that day.

Once I went digital, and got better at photography, I started craving going back to try again. Well, I didn't get to shoot as much as I wanted (my favorite place is the Tidal Basin, but there wasn't time); however, if nothing else, this shot alone makes me feel like I truly succeeded.

I'm not sure what it breaks down to as far as what is skills, equipment, and just picking a good day, but today was a perfect blend of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment